Designer's Touch: Living Rooms
Is the living room running from life? Since this room is generally the largest space in your house, it’s the best place to create the biggest statement of your personal style. Try your hands in reviving and invigorating your living space using those below as inspiration.
1. Don’t be frightened of the dark. Strive painting all of your base moldings and window casings a dark color. Home dwellers that can have a leap of faith by diverting from the traditional colours of white and off-white get handsomely rewarded.
Kitchens & Baths, Linda Burkhardt
2. In the buff. For rooms which need little or no solitude, go au naturel. Eliminate all drapery remedies from the windows to permit that gorgeous all-natural light to enhance any living area.
3. King of pop art. Take the focal point away from the actual fireplace by painting it the exact same colour as the walls. Install artwork of your choice over and watch as your new focal point pops up.
4. Shutter bug. Shutters are a spectacular way to control mild and therefore are considered an upgrade from conventional draperies. Install shutters to get a classic and classic statement, then paint them in the colour of your own choice.
Neuhaus Design Architecture, P.C.
5. Crown jewels. Elevate your living room to royalty status by easily employing decorative crown molding to create a noticeable presence. Add a stunning chandelier for that final touch of bling which may create even her majesty envious.
Patrick J. Baglino, Jr.. Interior Design
6. Organize in an offbeat way. Place your furniture otherwise than the standard: Place it to create a magazine-ready space.
Chic Decor & Design, Margarida Oliveira
7. Lighten up. Illuminate dull walls by installing sconces to accentuate symmetry about any focal point. Balance and unity come together to wrap your space in mild.
Debbie Basnett, Vintage Scout Interiors
8. Chevron chic. Want a new update without having to spend a lot of money? Throw down an oversize chevron-patterned rug to deliver a zigzag pizzazz focal point down to the floor.
9. Go high end. Couture isn’t just for clothes. Dressing your windows with floor-to-ceiling draperies will heighten your ceiling. This really is a brilliant and simple fix to camouflage awkwardly sized or misplaced windows.
Camilla Molders Design
10. Mix and match. Create texture and visual appeal by mixing and matching favorite fabrics in one room. Stick to the subject of anything goes by combining plaids, stripes and polka dots. These routines work wonders together if placed together with aim.
Browse thousands of living space photos
More Designer’s Touch:
The Master Bathroom
Master Bedrooms That Take Command