Readers' Choice: 2012's 10 Most Popular Bedrooms
Above all, relaxation was king last year. readers’ favorite bedrooms in 2012 differ quite a bit in style — from impartial to colorful, from glam to rustic — but plush furniture and soft fabrics are consistent in each. Even though ers may argue about the merits of dark partitions versus mild partitions or beadboard versus wainscoting, a cozy and comfy bedroom will always be a frequent aim.
1. Soft, natural neutrals. This plush upholstered bed framework and hotel-style bedding beg for a long afternoon nap. readers spared this picture for the neutral palette, unique light fixture and extra-comfy furnishings.
Rugo/ Raff Ltd.. Architects
2. Subtle femininity. Chocolate-brown walls give this room a cozy feel without making it too dark. The chandelier and classic furniture provide just the right feminine contrast.
Cardea Building Co..
3. Soothing in San Francisco. The gentle taupe walls in this timeless bedroom make for a particularly inviting environment. ers also noted the colours of this bedding along with the conventional trimming.
JAUREGUI Architecture Interiors Construction
4. Santa Barbara bunk house. A luxe take on average summer-camp cabins, this spacious California bedroom’s ability to maneuver made it worth saving on . Custom casework and library-style ladders help provide the dorm-style layout a more grown-up look.
Patterson Custom Homes
5. Bursts of orange. The orange accents in this bedroom are a bold departure from the neutral tones which were so well known in 2012. Playful but still sophisticated, it has bright colours and timeless lines which make it a fantastic inspiration to get a tween or teen girl’s room.
Orange Coast Interior Design
6. Glam style. A Beautiful cloud-like carpet and touches of bling provide this master bedroom a glamorous look ers loved.
John Kraemer & Sons
7. Mixing patterns in Minnesota. Mixing patterns can be a danger, but this bedroom does it right. Different patterns on the ceiling, wall and carpeting all tie together with a consistent brown colour. readers saved this picture as a fantastic example of a bold fashion that still feels comfy.
8. Simple, serene palette. Occasionally simplicity works best from the bedroom. A fundamental neutral palette in warm tones and a comfortable window seat keep things cozy without overdoing it.
Julie Williams Design
9. Cottage style with slanted ceilings. ers had something for slanted ceilings in 2012, so it is reasonable that this bedroom was a favorite. Contrasting colours and exposed beams draw attention to this fun feature, while glossy white paint aids reflect natural light throughout the space.
Frederick + Frederick Architects
10. A Room with a view. Slanted ceilings may have been a draw in this bedroom, but users saved this room more because of its huge oval window and gentle, soothing color palette.